Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pusha T Says "New God Flow" Was A Response To A Birdman Interview

He explained the origins of "New God Flow," saying, "I take things a certain way. I take interviews in magazines personal and shit, when you say G.O.O.D Music ain't nothing. Like I take shit like that sensitive. That's how I made 'New God Flow' that's what that Isht is about. Like I take all of that personal. But never so personal that I send "Fuck yous" out to anybody.
Pusha continued, "'New God Flow' was about, in my view, something I read in a Birdman interview that I didn't like. He said something like "G.O.O.D. Music isn't nothing" and it had nothing to do with Wayne or Drake per se. That was Birdman saying whatever he wanted to say and that was the basis of where all of my lines came from. Everybody else was on their love of Hip-Hop shit."
Pusha T also spoke on why he didn't respond to Lil Wayne's diss track "Ghoulish," stating that the track was so bad he didn't want to reply. "In all honesty it was that bad to me. 'Ghoulish' was that bad to me. I don't know like your taste particularly. Cause I feel all writers have a dope taste in music. But me personally, I think that shit was wack and borderline disrespectful."

No comments: